Harry Schmidt has a unique and diverse background that includes being in the military, both Air Force and the Navy. Also being exposed to the business side of healthcare, Harry has been able to utilize all this experience into better delivering construction projects!
The Last Planner System
Harry explains some of the data on how The Last Planner System has helped O’Shea Builders increase their profits by 20%, finish projects 12% faster than their CPM schedules, and provided better morale on their project sites! Amazing work!! Harry opens up on his biggest challenge while changing the mindset of the Superintendent from directive leadership to facilitative leadership! If you want to know, you’ve got to listen!
Hoots and Harry unpack the term R&D and what exactly it means with regards to ripping and deploying lean concepts from one industry to the next. Harry’s unique experience allows a different viewpoint on construction than most have. Hoots also hints at a new segment that might be on the way featuring The Lean Builder’s own Keyan Zandy! R&D with Harry, Hoots & Key!?! Stay plugged in to find out more…
Tune in if you want to better understand what Lean Construction is, more so than just simply applying the Last Planner System. O’Shea Builders is leading the industry utilizing concepts like Takt Planning, Targe Value Design and simply building trust on project sites.
Harry reviews one of his favorite quotes from “Man in the Arena” by Theodore Roosevelt. A great time getting to know who Harry Schmidt is and what he is doing to impact the construction industry one job at a time!
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website
- linkedin.com/company/the-lean-builder | Our LinkedIn community
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-data-gives-wrong-solution-efr%C3%A9n-juan-fern%C3%A1ndez-reyes-1c/ | LinkedIn article on WWII planes being shot down.
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- Harry Schmidt | https://www.linkedin.com/in/harry-schmidt/
- BOSCH RefinemySite | bosch-refinemysite.us