In this captivating podcast episode, we sit down with Tony Vacschaack, a seasoned professional in the field of electrical construction. Tony is currently a Senior Project Manager with Martin Electric in New York. With his wealth of experience and a career spanning five decades, Tony shares valuable insights and unforgettable stories from his journey in the industry. From a construction project he was working on that blocked Interstate 20 while the president was coming through to overcoming challenges and making a difference, Tony’s passion for his work shines through.
Inspiring Success in Electrical Construction
Highlights from the episode:
- The unforgettable story of being stuck on Interstate 20 during a presidential visit to the Hall of Fame induction in Cooperstown.
- Shouting out the people who have made a significant impact on Tony’s career and life, including mentors, contractors, and chapter managers.
- The importance of knowing what one is getting into before starting an electrical apprenticeship and the need for a pre-apprenticeship program.
- Discovering one’s passion and finding a career that brings happiness and fulfillment.
- The challenges faced by the industry, including declining prices and unrealistic project schedules, and the importance of maintaining quality work.
- The significance of customer relations and providing value in a competitive market.
- The three-generation legacy of the family-owned Martin Electric and the reward of seeing grandchildren following in their father’s and grandfather’s footsteps. AND, his personal three-generation legacy with his son and grandson working for Martin Electric as well.
Join us as we delve into Tony’s remarkable experiences and gain valuable insights into the world of electrical construction. Prepare to be inspired and motivated to pursue your own path in the trades.
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO Bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website