Jordan Christensen Joins Adam Hoots in Episode 14
In this episode, Jordan Christensen tells us more about who he is and how he got to where he is now! Hold on as he discusses his amazing family life and how he found and developed his takt planning skills! Watch Jordan’s face light up as he talks about Ryker, Camden and Brielle as he tells the story of ‘growing up’ with Takt planning. Jordan explains how his takt journey has gone from crawling to running in this episode. He gives special shoutouts to the teams that helped him to perfect his takt experience.
Jordan and Hoots compare takt planning to swaddling children. Lots of learning going on in this episode! Way more than just focused on Lean construction. Brace yourself as you learn some great parenting tricks and ways to snuggle your babies tight!!
In this episode, Hoots on the Ground introduces the Lean Builder nation to the 4 production laws and relates them to gravity on earth. Those four laws include:
- Little’s Law
- Work in Small Batches
- Limit your WIP (Work In Progress)
- Finish as you go!
- Kingman’s Formula
- Duration = Actual duration * Effect of Variation * Effect of Resource utilization
- Law of Bottlenecks
- There will always be a slower part of the process than the remainder and we must work to set the pace of production to match the pace of the bottleneck.
- Once you clear one bottleneck, there will ALWAYS be another one.
- Law of Variation
- The long we allow variation to be in our process, the further from plan we become and more variation enters the equation.
There will be specific individual podcasts dedicated to each of these topics as the platform develops. This will allow the team to dive into the physics of production and how we are able to work together!
In this episode, Jordan tells us how the idea came about for intakt and where the program is heading. He also dives in to better explain exactly what takt planning is and how to drive it on your projects! Takt planning is becoming a huge part of the construction industry and will impact our people’s lives in a positive manner for decades to come!
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website
- linkedin.com/company/the-lean-builder | Our LinkedIn community
- https://www.intakt.app/ | InTakt Application
- https://plusdelta.app/ | Plus/Delta Application
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- Jordan Christensen | https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordanchristensen/ | Project Manager for a large data center client and Co-Founder of Intakt
- BOSCH RefinemySite | bosch-refinemysite.us