Pause and Reflect
In this episode, Hoots is in restoration and recovery mode, and takes the time to pause and reflect after an enormous week that took a lot of energy and effort out of him. Hoots talks about how important rest is to our soul and reads some feedback from a listener!
Last week consisted of helping a mega project team pick up on the principles of takt planning and takt construction! The team came up with some really creative ways to implement takt construction together as one.
Hoots on the Ground also was able to experience his first The Lean Builder workshop and offers this podcast as the hook to get folks fired up and excited to experience theirs! The workshop covered the following items:
- The value proposition for lean construction
- Daily Huddles
- Visual Communication
- Managing Constraints/Roadblocks
- 8 Wastes and Variation
- The Last Planner System
Then Hoots capped off the week with a TedxClemson talk on the lack of respect that society has for Skilled Trades workers.
This week’s episode offers the audience a chance to pause and reflect for a first quarter review. What do you plan to start, stop, or continue as we move into the 2nd quarter and beyond?
Did you know? The same value proposition for Lean given at the workshop is given in Chapter 7 of The Lean Builder book. Check out this week’s blog post to read more!
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news and events website
- linkedin.com/company/the-lean-builder | Our LinkedIn community
- https://theleanbuilder.com/events/ | The Lean Builder Events page
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- Joe Donarumo | https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-donarumo-993b8221/
- Keyan Zandy | https://www.linkedin.com/in/keyanzandy/
- BOSCH RefinemySite | bosch-refinemysite.us