Mental Health Matters
Mental Health Matters is a can’t miss episode of The Lean Builder’s Hoots on the Ground podcast! During this episode, Julie Dolan, Brian Winningham, and Adam Hoots summarize their findings and learnings from the previous Construction Suicide Prevention episodes (check out Episodes 65-67 on our Podcasts page to give them a listen).
The team uses a liberating structure known as “WHAT? SO WHAT? NOW WHAT?”
They run through the experience that they just had together – the What, while they discover the So What of the conversation and turn each of those learnings into action by completing the Now What category. The learnings are real and come from real people, with real experiences, on real project sites. All of us are working together to make the construction industry a better place for learning.
By listening to this episode, you can capture all the takeaways from the previous episodes that were issued to date. With the help of Manny Hoyo, Buddy Brumley, Sam Sinclair, and Joe Pryor, the team was able to unearth some amazing nuggets and examples of how to spread kindness on project sites. That is the word that came to fruition naturally in every episode – KINDNESS! The industry is lacking kindness.
The Now What concluded the episode with Adam Hoots making the promise to submit a research paper to the ASC International conference. Julie is going to start putting together a coloring book of images that promote spreading kindness through the industry. Brian made the commitment to write a book on how to insert kindness into the industry.
Listeners, we are asking you to hold each of us accountable for getting these projects done in a timely manner! Please feel free to reach out to us and ask how the commitments are coming!
Thank you for tuning into this amazing session.
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO Bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website
- Mural board referenced | https://app.mural.co/t/achesolutions5607/m/achesolutions5607/1697811781073/94ef28b01b9904773f9edbb111e2554ad700f88f?sender=u2a19ae07b88075e257a73527
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- Brian Winningham | https://www.linkedin.com/in/fielddrivenlean/ | Owner of Field Driven Lean and Author of Ranger Winnie
- Julie Dolan | https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliedolan/ | Core Team Member with LCI Ohio Valley CoP and Lean Practice Leader with SSOE Group