In this episode, Shannon Tymosko and Adam Hoots discuss what it is like getting into a male populated industry to the point of Shannon even changing her name on her resume. Shannon dives into exactly what her purpose on earth is and helps drive an understanding of the term man in Construction. At the end of the day, we are all human. Hoots drops another Japanese word, Ikigai – Japanese concept that refers to giving a person a sense of purpose, a reason for living!
Hear the story of the Chinese Farmer and how perspective on the matter is never fully understood due to the complexities of understanding the full system.
Shannon helps the Lean Builder nation understand what Lady Voltz is all about! Reach out to her if you’re interested in stickers!
Hear Shannon pick at the root of why Hoots has a displeasure for the word culture! …and just maybe Lady Voltz herself is converting to at least a deeper understanding of the word itself! Shannon and Hoots get outside their comfort zones on this episode and describe what it is like to move through the comfort zone diagram.
Shannon teaches us how to say “Happy Birthday!” in Canadian after Hoots had to be that guy and ask that question! She further discusses her next project where she is writing a book that plays on limericks and rhymes to help introduce skilled trade career opportunities to children younger than is current practice. Reaching beyond middle/high school and into elementary and pre school aged children is paramount at changing the image!
Tune in where Ms. Shannon even shares with us her spin on ‘I’m a Little Teapot!’ and spells a deeper reason for why she chose that specific rhyme! The learning was real and the time shared was fun!
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website
- linkedin.com/company/the-lean-builder | Our LinkedIn community
- https://www.shannontymosko.com/ | Shannon’s website
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- Shannon Tymosko | https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannon-tymosko-b160b4a7/ | Electrical Apprentice⚡ – IBEW 👷♀️| Advocate for the Skilled Trades, Mental Health & Sisterhood 👭| Motivational Speaker, Workshop Facilitator and Contributing Author