In this episode, Hoots reviews The Lean Builder Blog on Building Trust In the Workplace – 3 Dos and Don’ts. In addition, Hoots on the Ground gives additional ways on how to build, create, and maintain trust. This is the first step in curating a successful lean project. Hoots also reviews the first trust episode (S1E8) and elaborates on ways to make it happen.
Here are some ways on building trust in the field:
No one takes blame, no one takes credit!
We don’t conceal information.
We communicate open and often!
We focus on people!
We request and implement feedback!
We call people by their name!
We show people respect!
Hoots tells the story about the Love Lab where John Gottman and Robert Levenson were able to predict, with a 90% accuracy, whether or not couples would remain together after only a few hours of meeting them! They discovered that it takes 5 goods to outweigh 1 bad!
Remember – Trust is difficult to gain, easy to break and tough to repair!
Building trust! That’s just what lean builders do!
ABOUT HOOTS ON THE GROUND PODCAST:
The Lean Builder’s absolutely, positively NO bullshido podcast. Join Host Adam Hoots and his guests as they dig deep into the topics that are relevant to those of us who “get it”: the men and women with the dirty boots, the ones who work in the field, doing the hands-on business of construction each day. Listen in as we keep it real while stories from the trenches are shared along with lessons learned and some laughter along the way.
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- theleanbuilder.com | Our main blog, book, resources, news & events website
- linkedin.com/company/the-lean-builder | Our LinkedIn community
- https://theleanbuilder.com/building-trust-in-the-workplace-3-dos-and-donts/ | Building Trust in the workplace – 3 Dos and Don’ts
GUESTS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adam Hoots | linkedin.com/in/adam-hoots-4645519/ | podcast host for “Hoots on the Ground” and Lean Construction Shepherd with ConstructionACHEsolutions
- BOSCH RefinemySite | bosch-refinemysite.us